This is my new favorite shrimp dish: fast, easy, incredibly flavorful. You need Thai basil (or Holy basil) for this recipe, which you can either find at a local farmer’s market or asian food store. You can also purchase Thai basil plants at some garden stores. This dish goes very well with coconut rice. Adapted from Good Food.
- 2 T peanut oil
- 8-10 prawns large prawns, butterflied and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- one large handful Thai basil leaves
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1/2 t sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat a medium skillet on medium high heat until hot, then add oil and prawns and cook, stirring, until prawns are translucent but not fully cooked.
- Add garlic, chilli, and basil, and cook until basil is just wilted.
- Add fish sauce and sugar, stir until dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with lime juice, and serve.