Adapted from epicurious.com, and courtesy of Jenn. This dish goes well with rice or couscous, and can also be used with chicken or tofu.
- 4 fillets of salmon, washed and prepared (deboned)
- 1 t oil
- 2 T miso paste
- 1.5 t sesame oil
- 1.5 t fresh grated ginger
- 1.5 t minced garlic
- 1/2 t honey (or more, if you want it sweeter)
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes (optional)
- green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with a small amount of oil.
- Combine miso, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, honey,a pepper flakes with 1 T water in a small bowl for marinade. (Note: I like to double the amount of marinade to give more sauce, but this is up to you.)
- Place salmon fillets skin-down into the baking dish, and spoon on marinade. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, until the salmon flesh is firm and light pink, but not dried out.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.