This is my new favorite winter salad. If persimmons are in season, don’t hesitate! Adapted from this recipe.
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, thinly sliced
- 1 large Asian pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- ¼ c toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- A handful of fresh mint
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 2 t raw honey
- 6 T olive oil
- 2 T sherry vinegar
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To prepare the dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- To assemble the salad, tear radicchio leaves from the head and arrange on a large platter, sliding pieces of persimmon and pear between each leaf.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the salad, then garnish with torn fresh mint leaves and toasted hazelnuts.
- Pour over with the dressing and serve.