This is a beautiful grilled salad that’s best made when peaches are in season. Look for a mild and soft goat cheese and a floral honey. Adapted from Baco.
- 1/4 c whole roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 T butter
- 5 ripe peaches, pitted and cut into thick wedges
- 2 c shishito peppers
- 1/3 c parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 c chervil, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 T crumbled goat cheese
- 1 T honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat 1-2 T butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When the butter melts and begins to foam, add half of the peaches and the shishito peppers and sear for 3-5 minutes, turning once with a spatula. They are done with the edges are well-browned.
- Repeat with another 1-2 T butter and the other half of the peaches and shishito peppers. (Note: you may need to do more than two batches depending on the size of your frying pan. Ideally you do not want to crowd the peaches, as this will prevent them from browning.)
- Pour off the butter from the pan, then transfer the peaches and shishito peppers to a bowl.
- Toss with a pinch of salt and half the lemon juice.
- Add half of the herbs and cashews, and toss.
- To serve, distribute the mixture onto individual plates, and top with remaining herbs and cashews. Then sprinkle with goat cheese, remaining lemon juice, and a drizzle of honey.