This is a fresh and light quinoa salad, that can be combined with a bunch of additional things (nuts, sweet potato, cucumber, etc.) to make a more hearty dish. Adapted from 101 Cookbooks.
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c water
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 c tahini
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T hot water
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thin (note: if these are really hot, you can de-seed them before slicing)
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, and toast quinoa for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add water to pan and heat until boiling. Cover, reduce heat until simmering, and cook, until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, 15-20 minutes. Once done, take off of heat, remove the cover, and fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking make the dressing. Whisk together the garlic, tahini, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil. Add the hot water to thin the sauce a bit, and then add salt to taste.
- Toss the cooked quinoa with the garbanzo beans, cilantro, red onion, and jalapenos.
- To serve, add a dollop of sauce onto each bowl of quinoa mixture, and top with fresh cilantro.