You wouldn’t think it, but nectarines, beets, and blue cheese are delicious together. The almonds sautéed in butter are the icing on the cake. Adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi.
- 20g honey
- 15g Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 25ml cider vinegar
- 120ml olive oil
- 3-4 beetroot (cooked)
- 40g almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 T butter
- 2 endives
- 4 small nectarines
- a few handfuls of rocket
- 120g gorgonzola, broken into pieces
- To make the dressing, put the honey, mustard, garlic, and vinegar in a food processor. Process for a few seconds, then incorporate a quarter of the oil at a time, until smooth and homogenous.
- Sauté the almonds in butter for three to four minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Trim the base of the endive and carefully separate the leaves.
- Cut the beets into small chunks.
- Halve the nectarines, remove the stone, and cut each half into three wedges.
- Combine the rocket, endive, beets, and nectarines into a large salad bowl, and top with almonds and blue cheese.