After having brussel sprouts cooked like this at a pub, how could I ever eat them any other way? Adapted from Serious Eats.
- 3 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 T balsamic vinegar (or glaze, if you like things slightly sweeter)
- parmesan to taste
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Trim the bottoms off of the brussels sprouts. Peel off the outer leaves (but still keep them!), then cut the brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Toss sprouts and sprout leaves in olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange sprouts in a single layer on a large baking sheet, and roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until sprouts are browned and tender.
- Immediately after removing from oven, drizzle sprouts with balsamic vinegar and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan