This is a delicious and summery quinoa salad, adapted from 101 Cookbooks.
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c lightly packed cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 c plain yogurt
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 T mayonaisse
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch thick coins
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- couple pinches of fine grain sea salt
- 1 cups quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- handful pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 c feta, crumbled
- 1-2 c fresh spinach, chopped finely
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c cooked corn (optional)
- Prepare the avocado-cilantro dressing by blending the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, yogurt, water, salt, and mayonaise with a hand blender, and set aside.
- Hard boil three eggs and set aside. (Try this technique: place eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water by 1/2 inch. Bring to a gentle boil, turn off heat and cover. Let sit for 7 minutes, then dunk eggs in ice water to stop cooking.)
- Use a grill pan (or a normal pan if you don’t have one) to cook zucchini: heat olive oil over medium heat and cook zucchini for ~5 minutes on each side.
- Crack and peel each egg, then cut into quarters.
- Toss quinoa with zucchini, spinach, feta, cilantro, and corn (if using).
- To assemble salad, top quinoa mix with avocado sauce and slices of egg.