After many attempts to produce the perfect batch of hummus, this is my favorite recipe. This can be done with either a hand blender or a food processor. Adapted from Mark Bittman.
- 2 c chickpeas, drained (liquid reserved)
- 1/2 c tahini
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced/pressed
- juice of 1 lemon (if it is a large lemon, go easy on the juice and add to taste)
- large pinch of salt
- paprika, parsley, and pine nuts for garnish
- Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth (or to a desired texture).
- Add garlic and salt, and incorporate until smooth.
- Add reserved chickpea liquid (or water) as needed to create desired texture
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.