This salad is an adaptation of a Marks & Spencer salad. It is a fresh, summery salad that provides a nice alternative to couscous.
- 6 T creme fraiche
- 1 T mayonaise
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c quinoa
- 1 avocado, cut into small cubes and sprinkled with lemon juice to keep fresh
- handful of basil, chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 cups spinach, chopped coarsely
- handful of toasted seeds (sunflower or pumpkin is best)
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa with 2 cups water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes over low-medium heat, or until quinoa is soft but still firm.
- Combine creme fraiche, mayonaise, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil to make a sauce. Set aside while the quinoa finishes cooking.
- When the quinoa is done cooking, place it in a large bowl, and combine it with the feta, basil, spinach, and seeds. Sprinkle with lemon juice to keep the avocado fresh.
- Serve the quinoa into individual portions and sprinkle with avocado and dressing.