This is a hearty, asian-themed pasta salad. The tangy peanut sauce is very more-ish. See also this link to 101 Cookbooks for a similar soba-noodle themed recipe.
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1″ chunk fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2-3 T rice vinegar
- 1 t red chili flakes
- 1/2 c hot water
- ~350g dried pasta (I prefer fusilli, because it absorbs the sauce)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup tofu, cut into small chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin 1″ strips
- handful of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 large handful of green beans, stems removed
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a large microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 20 seconds, or until the mixture is warm. Stir together until the texture of the sauce is smooth and creamy. (Heating the peanut butter mixture allows the sauce ingredients to combine properly).
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (follow the instructions on the package). When done, drain and run under cold water to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Combine broccoli, green beans, and red pepper with a few tablespoons of hot water in a saucepan – cover and steam until tender but still firm. (This can be also be done in the microwave.)
- Combine pasta, steamed vegetables, green onions, tofu, and peanut sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve warm or cold.