This is a great summery soup – the avocado makes for a lovely cream texture without the addition of cream, while the yogurt adds tartness and bulk. Adapted from a recipe by Martha Stewart.
- 1 english (large, 12″ or so) cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, and with the insides scooped out
- 1/2 t lemon zest
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- a few sprigs of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 c plain yogurt
- 1 c cold water
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Puree ingredients in a blender (or with a hand blender) until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until chilled.
- Serve garnished with a dash of olive oil and a few sprigs of cilantro.