This is a classic gazpacho – it’s not fully pureed, but leaves some chunks of vegetable instead.
- 3.5 c tomato juice
- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, chopped finely
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 c chopped fresh parsley
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1.5 t (about 1 medium) chile, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Combine 1 c tomato juice, half tomatoes, half cucumber, and half bell pepper in a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour puree into large bowl. Stir in remaining tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, tomato juice, onion, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, green onion, chile, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover, and chill 2 hours before serving.