A good, hearty fall and winter soup. The addition of honey makes for a nice and subtle sweet touch.
- 2 T butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 5 parsnips, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c stock
- 1 T honey
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 c cream
- Heat butter in soup pot over medium heat, and cook onion until soft and transparent.
- Add parsnips with a little salt and pepper, and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add stock, honey and bay leaves, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook gently for 25 minutes until the parsnips are soft. Add spices, if you want.
- Discard the bay leaves, combine with cream, and puree until smooth.