Credit to Andrew for this delicious recipe 🙂
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1/2″ pieces
- 2/3 c chopped goat cheese (feta is also okay)
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 2 beets, chopped
- 3-4 c salad greens (such as rocket, watercress, spinach)
- 4 T balsamic vinegar
- 3 T olive oil
- ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Toss the squash with 1 T olive oil, then arrange on a foil-covered baking tray. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the squash is soft and caramelized. After roasting allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Make a vinaigrette by combining the remaining 2 T olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables, cheese, nuts, and salad greens, and serve with vinaigrette.