Combined from several recipes, including Moosewood and World Vegetarian Classics. This recipe is hearty and full of protein, and can be modified to include any variety of vegetables similar to potatoes and squash.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 t fresh grated ginger
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 500 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 3 c fresh spinach
- 1 c apple juice
- 2/3 c chunky peanut butter
- salt, cilantro, and peanuts to garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat, and saute onions until well-cooked and translucent.
- Add cayenne, garlic, and ginger, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, apple juice, and sweet potatoes. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and cook 5 more minutes, covered.
- Stir in peanut butter and spinach, and serve.