This is basically a Japanese-style frittata. You can throw any vegetables in that you like, and it’s delicious with any combination of sauces (sweet chili, hoisin, spicy black bean, sriracha, etc.) Adapted from 101 Cookbooks.
- 2 c cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 c leeks, sliced thin
- 2/3 c flour
- 3-4 T soy sauce
- 1/4 c green onions, sliced thin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1+ T olive oil (for frying)
- condiments: japanese mayo, sriracha, bonito flakes, sesame seeds
- Combine cabbage, leeks, green onions, flour, salt, and toss to coat evenly. Mix in eggs and soy sauce, and stir until everything is well dispersed.
- Heat oil on medium-high in large nonstick pan. Flatten cabbage mixture into a large, thin pancake in the bottom of the pan.
- Cook on the first side 4-5 minutes, until the bottom is lightly browned and crisp.
- To flip, (spray the uncooked side with olive oil spray if you have it), slide the pizza onto a plate, place another plate on top, flip, and slide the pizza back into the skillet. Press into the plate, and cook another 3-5 minutes.