From Moosewood Low-Fat Favorites. A filling, healthy, and tasty twist on vegetarian burritos.
- 5 c peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
- 3-1/2 c diced onions
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T minced fresh green chile
- 4 t ground cumin
- 4 t ground coriander
- 4-1/2 c cooked black beans (or 3 15-oz. cans, drained)
- 2/3 c lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 t salt
- 8 eight-inch flour tortillas (non-fat version)
- tomato salsa for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place sweet potatoes in pot with water to cover. Cover and bring to boil. Simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Saute onions, garlic, and the chile on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add cumin and coriander and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In food processor, combine beans, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, and cooked sweet potatoes. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a large
mixing bowl and mix in cooked onions and spices.
- Spray with nonstick spray a large baking dish. Spoon about 2/3 to 3/4 C. of the filling into center of each tortilla, roll closed, and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at least 30 min., until piping hot. Serve topped with salsa.