From America’s Test Kitchen. Many, many people have asked me for this recipe – when a common thing like banana bread stands out, you can tell it’s a winner.
- 2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t table salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, soft, darkly speckled, mashed well (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 c plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of regular loaf pan, or grease and flour bottom and sides of nonstick 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine first four ingredients together in large bowl; set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium bowl.
- Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan; bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.