If you’d like to make this recipe vegetarian, you can swap the chicken with crumbled tofu. Adapted from Cooks Illustrated.
- 2 whole bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (large, at least 1 1/2 pounds each)
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 2 T fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 c slivered almonds, toasted (you can use any nut for this)
- 1/2 c raisins (you can increase this to 2/3 c if you want)
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/2 c yogurt
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T curry powder
- 1 t dijon mustard
- Heat oil in 12″ non-stick skillet over medium heat until shimmering, add chicken, and cook until golden brown on first side, ~5 minutes.
- Flip chicken over, cover, and continue to cook until it is no longer pink in the center, ~5 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and cool.
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred chicken into 1/4″ pieces, and toss with sauce and toss with remaining ingredients.